Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

saturday::scanned photo


Paul_John_70s, originally uploaded by Kristianna.

Today Paul is sick with a head cold that threatens to head south; he and Bun are skipping skating... Sooooo, only time for me to scan one photo today.

I had to make it a good one. A few days ago, I was putting toddler boy clothes away into the closet where they hibernate and I stumbled upon a familiar box: the treasure trove of baby/kid photos Paul's mom sent me some 7-8 years ago. I giggled with delight and nearly rubbed my hands together in a sinister manner. There is so much fodder within those cardboard confines, I could spend a month just on these photos. But for today, we'll have to enjoy this beaut from, well, it had to be perhaps 1974.

Ah, the 70s. My mother in law has dressed her sons like Herb Tarlek. Matched to the shirts. I bet you donuts to dollars there are matching shoes out of the frame. I like to imagine they're white and shiny.


And let's not even talk about the hair... okay actually, let's talk a little about it. WTF is up with John's hair? Oh well, honestly, my own father's hair was not much shorter mid-70s. I need to get him to scan the photo albums from when my sister and I were little--there's a lot of bad there, too. But my parents were nto fans of the ill formed concept that was the leisure suit... at least we have that on Paul's clan. I mean, seriously! Can you imagine going out to BUY these suits, and not even from Goodwill for a 70s party as a joke? What was the thought process here? They must've been seen as attractive, right? Right?!? Oh, the horror. My poor husband.

For the record, Paul is not recovering from a nasty bout of chicken pox or some horrid skin deformation. The photo has been discolored with age, and he only looks like no one should touch him or even breathe the air too close to him. In reality I am sure his skin was fine. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin