Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

saturday::scanned photo


Oct_1998_Winchester House, originally uploaded by Kristianna.

I decided to return to the photo album I found in the garage for a little while today. I scanned a few from my father's trip to visit in October 1998. I believe this was his first trip out here to visit after we moved out in 1997. We went to the Winchester House, which is famous for being built and continually added onto by one heck of a crazy lady, the heir to the Winchester fortune, who believed that all the spirits of those harmed by the Winchester rifles were haunting and cursing her, and that the only way to avoid some awful fate was to never complete the building of this house. Oh, and to be tricksy about how it was built, with dead end stairwells, and holes in the floor, and general nuttiness. Of course, the poor woman's awful fate was that her life was a nighmare of paranoid insanity, but nevermind--the house is well worth the few hours it takes to see it.

This photo is of me in my personal favorite place, a room that was never anywhere near completion but had some AMAZING Tiffany windows in it. I love the daisies beyond my mere ability to form coherent sentences. There was a whole store room full of uninstalled Tiffany windows, still packed in crates. I wish I could wiggle my nose and make just one mine. ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin