Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

The other evening Bunny and I were talking and she asked me something about how breasts work. hey, I nurse a lot, and she wanted to know why women have larger boobs than kids and men.

Anyway, I was explaining about how the glands themselves grow, and also how there are 'tubes' inside the breast where milk forms, which also takes up space. She interjected, "Oh, yeah, I know, those are the ducts!" I said, yes, that was the right word.

Carter, meanwhile, was playing right near us. He perks up his head and says.... wait for it....
"I yike-it ducks! Yellow ducks!" (I like ducks. Yellow ducks.) He had the biggest, most open smile on his face, and clearly was very happy to have something to bring to the conversation. Man, I love that kid.

6 comments:

Elle said...

Ducks ARE pretty awesome. :)

Kristianna said...

Carter LOVES ducks. It's his favorite thing at the zoo...

Elle said...

The boy has good taste, what can I say? He would most definitely envy my collection of rubber duckies that I have in my classroom. I think I have about 30 of them. Kids give them to me for presents, and I have to say, I love them! (Why ducks? Well, I love ducks, and I consider all of my students my little ducks...even when they get bigger)

So like I said, he's got good taste! :)

Kristianna said...

Ducks are pretty nice.
Geese on the other hand... they're scary mofos. Hissing! Ack! One nipped Bun's finger once years ago and she remembers it clearly.

Elle said...

I told you about when Barry was almost attacked by a goose, didn't I? Well, he was going out to take the trash to the dumpster at his old apartment, and when he opened the door there was a large Canadian goose lurking out in the hallway (one of those outdoor stairwells). It started to come after him, and it hissed at him too! Well, he ran from it, and went back in. To get out to the dumpster he went out the patio door to the parking lot. Fortunately he lived on the first floor, but still! It scared the crap out of him. LOL.

Kristianna said...

Geese are not cute. They're so mean. I think domestic ones are not as aggro, but the wild Canada ones that are everywhere nowadays SUCK. Damn Canuck Geese, eh? Hosers! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin