Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Another 109 day. Boo.

I accidentally gave myself heat exhaustion today. Whoops! See, apparently, you should drink more than a cup of coffee and about 2 ounces of water total in a day if you plan to go to a park where it is in the upper 90s to low 100s. Go figure! Man, heat exhaustion SUCKS. First I felt dizzy--whenever I turned my head, I felt like I was spinning (it was actually like those spins you might remember from being really drunk in bed after a party in high school or college). Now, that shoulda told me something. I figured I was a wee dehydrated, but Carter did me the favor of dumping my water. Then when I refilled it with ucky fountain water, he begged all that off me. See, now he's smart enough to know when to drink water!

Also, I only planned to be at the park for 2 hours. But a friend called who I had not seen all week and we stayed so she and her kids could play with my kids (and so we could chat). So I ended up being there for 4 hours. On 2 sips of water. AND I nursed the baby. And I'm sure I sweated plenty.

So, yeah, that is how you get a nice case of heat exhaustion. After the dizziness came a someone-hit-me-square-in-the-forehead-with-a-hammer headache and nausea. I barely felt okay to drive home. Then my husband suggested maybe I was about to have a heat stroke. I looked it up, as I drank some water and um, yeah, I could have, seeing as I was also sweating profusely.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. I took a shower, put the baby down for a nap and took advantage of the 2 yr old ALSO SIMULTANEOUSLY napping, and slept for an hour, after asking/pleading with Bunny to, please, for the love of all that is holy be good.

So I'm fine now.

Oh, and it's going to be hotter tomorrow. Nice. We're going to the beach, since it'll be 15-20 degrees cooler there. Which means Miss Thang will miss 2 birthday parties, but I am sorry, there is no way I am taking her to a birthday at a park tomorrow. I'll buy her some ice cream or something to make up for it. Sister gets invited to more bday parties per month than I did annually anyway. ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin