Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My own litle hoarding disorder going on here...

You would think I am stoking up for Armageddon. Or a big snow. Or at least a good ANTM marathon on MTV or something, going by the insane amount of foodstuffs I have brought into this house today.

But no, I am preparing for something far more taxing. Every single weekday from tomorrow until July 18 (or whatever the end of 4 weeks is), I will be leaving the house at about 11:30, driving myself and 3 kids to Santa Cruz, pushing the boys in a double stroller to the beach to drop off Bunny, and not going to be home until probably about 5 or 5:30 each day.

If it were just me, I'd know what I need. Some water, maybe some wheat thins and the makings for a ham sammich everyday. But for my kids? The ones who eat all. the. time?????? Egads. Not having access to the kitchen *and* having to feed them basically 1 meal and 2 snacks everyday means I have to have my shit WAAAY together.

So I stocked up on things that are packable. 3 jars of peanut butter. 5 packages of trail mix. 3 boxes of crackers. Cereal bars. 3 cans of Pringles (which were a moment of weakness, as they were on sale and Bun was holding them with that puppy dog look). Dried raisins and apricots. Cheese sticks. 3 cases of bottled water. Plus our usual groceries for dinner and breakfast food. Paul had a hard time figuring out where to put it all away, haha. (He puts away the groceries--I figure if I have to go out running errands with 3 kids, I am going to do it on Sunday when he can put it away for me.) I've planned meals to the nth degree. I have my list of what to pack into the car (stroller, beach blanket, sand toys, etc etc etc)... I even went and changed the oil last week, haha!

Now to just do and enjoy it. It'll be like a month-long vacation at the beach, but where I have all my home stuff at the end of the day. Yeah, that's what it'll be like... vacation! (repeat repeat repeat...)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin