Pages

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Gimme strength and patience...

..for I am attempting to teach Bunny to crochet. I always promised her I'd teach her when she's 6, since that is when I learned. So far she has successfully made a lot of knots and a chain of 6 stitches. Which she then declared 'done' and 'that is enough of that, I don't like it.' But today she is trying once more.

Poor thing -- she really wants moving the yarn to be the way, when in reality, much as you would not move paper to draw (holding the pencil still) you have to use the HOOK to crochet. Perhaps she'll get it; perhaps she'll decide it's too frustrating. 'Tis up to her, I suppose. I'm trying to just answer her questions as she asks them, and not let myself get too invested in it.

Whatever keeps her busy. ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin