Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

They say to savor time...


Corn Starch Peanuts Activity, originally uploaded by Kristianna.

...and I do try to remember to relish as much of the time with my children. While they are small. While I can. While they want to be with me all the time.

However, sometimes you really need to fill some time. When it's rainy. When it's early and still wet with dew outside. When I realize the dishes fairy has once again opted out of adding our home to her rounds.

Corn starch packing peanuts are cool when you get them wet. They become sticky and can be smooshed together. A couple of handfuls of them can provide a mom juuuust enough time to empty--and immediately refill--the dishwasher.

Then we played together with them some, back to our regularly scheduled enjoying time *together*, accompanied by the hum-swoosh-hummm of the dishwasher doing its job.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin