Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cookin’ the Book: Pioneer Woman’s Rib-eye Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce

pwc225
I have a bit of a backlog of recipes from The Pioneer Woman Cooks! I’m working my way through the book in no particular order, attempting to make every recipe by June 2010, and making more progress than apparent… my life is not about these (yummy!) recipes, and I’m loathe to only write about them, ya know?
At any rate, this seemed like a special meal, so we had it way back in 2009. Okay, it was New Year’s Eve. :) We drove around as a family, enjoying the holiday lights set up in a local park, then came home and rang out ‘09 with a little feast.
Rib-eye steaks are yummy just about any way you make ‘em, and this simple, yet just different enough pan sauce worked up quickly. I served this to my hungry brood with creamed spinach if my memory serves me… sheesh, you’d think I made this a year ago, not about 2 weeks ago! I do know this much: my husband and I, plus the two children who actually eat really enjoyed it!
As with her meatloaf, this recipe is not on her website. I’m happy to pass it along individually to a friend who would like to try before you buy, so to speak, but will refrain from posting here. Let me know if you want the recipe—you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin