Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Gone Meatless!

Okay, okay – just on Mondays.  :)

Planning one dinner a week as meatless (but not vegan) reduces the weekly total by about 15%, which has both health and environmental benefits.  I’ve been interested in this for a while, but only implemented it with my weekly plan starting last night.  Meatless Mondays is a great site to provide more information on the organized movement, though I hear there is also Tofu Thursdays (which has a much less appealing ring to it if you ask me, haha!).

meatlessmonday

Anyway, my plan at this time, having a carnivore for a husband is to make sure I have leftovers for him to fall back on, but last night he simply had two servings of the Red Lentil Soup with Lemon I made and had some nuts as a snack later.

We’ll see how this goes in coming weeks.  I’m always interested in ways to improve without too much discomfort to us all, and this sounds like a nice small step.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin