Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Co-op Cookin’": Melon Fruit Bowl

002

A couple of weeks ago we received a ridiculously, adorably small cantaloupe in our CSA share, along with strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries.  Not much larger than a softball, I could smell how fragrantly perfect its flesh was.  Normally, I’d cut a cantaloupe into slices or cubes and let the kids eat it at will, but this was a special melon.  I have a thing for petite produce—you can ask my husband, who lived through the baby squashes I insisted on buying every time I saw them in the late 90s.  I don’t know why it’s so, but if I like the full-sized version, I ♥ the baby one (which is why I have three kids).

So, anyway, our infant cantaloupe was saved for a special breakfast.  With flesh so buttery soft a spoon cut like a knife, all that was needed for a perfect summer breakfast was some vanilla yogurt, berries, and some granola.  It’s easy, and I wish I could make it 3 times a week… if only I had a baby melon vine all my own!  (I think making a recipe for this would be ridiculous!)

2 comments:

SAB said...

I just wanted to know that I have been reading your blog for the past month or so. I stumbled upon it somehow, who knows, but I really enjoy hearing what you have to say! You have a beautiful family, and I enjoy your recipes, cook the book series, friday moment pictures and the like. I blog, mainly about recipes here: www.wwwssfi.blogspot.com I am just trying to get myself known and out there! Check me out if you want!

Thanks! SAB

Kristianna said...

Thank you so much! I just peeked at your blog and 1) YUM. 2) it looks very familiar to me, too... I must have stumbled upon it somehow--who knows, maybe googling for recipe ideas?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin