Pages

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Co-op Cookin’: Heidi’s Guacamole

The past couple-few weeks we have been blessed with avocados in our share. I buy a couple of Haas every week, so it’s nice to not have that extra thing to buy for a month or so while local green skinned avocados are ripe.

My kids love guacamole, and while there are many ways to make guac, the one universally loved by kids and adults alike is my friend Heidi’s recipe. It’s simple, quick enough to make as an afternoon snack, easy to make with one or 10 avocados, and, did I mention DELICIOUS??

I’ve been making batches nearly every day, and there are never leftovers. Never.

003

Since Heidi has disabled the search function on her blog, and since I can’t recall when she posted her recipe (thus solving a years-old problem for me trying to duplicate her perfect guac), I am going to post again, but visit her blog for lots of other good stuff. I hope I remember it correctly and am not leaving out a key ingredient. :)

Heidi’s Guacamole

1 avocado, mashed
1 small tomato, gooey seedy middle discarded, diced
juice of 1/2 a lime
pinch of garlic salt
salt to taste

Prep: Mash avocado in bowl. Combine with other ingredients.

Voila. We really like this with Trader Joe’s corn chips (like Fritos, but organic, so obviously completely healthy, haha)… or you can eat it Cole’s preferred way—with a spoon.

006

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin