Pages

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Seasonal Treat

Wham, bam.  A couple of weeks ago we had a weird frost, and suddenly it was here: FALL.  Oh, fall, you get me every time.  Nature puts on such a show for us.  I grew up with Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway nearby, so you’d think I’d be jaded.  Nope!  I love the colors the trees here give us all, too, although the pepper trees do make me sneeze on the way to the park!  :)

The eye candy I enjoy most is also some I’m lucky enough to see twice a day.  Every morning and afternoon I really enjoy the streets right by school.  I don’t mean I like them.  I mean my breath is taken away, and I just have to gawk.  The shady streets become red and yellow covered bridges of stained glass.

016

This, in all directions, for blocks and blocks.  The trees from one side touch their friends from across the way, and it is amazing to me.

013

It may have topped out in the low 80s today, but it’s fall all the same.

001

Otis, for his part, is probably very pleased that means we are filling the bird feeder again.  He’s missed his bird watching.  :)

1 comment:

Debra said...

Wonderful photos:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin