Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Menu Monday – Produce, Produce, Produce

Monday already? I guess it is time to plan what we’ll eat, then. :) I have a bounty of produce to plow through, having been camping with Bunny from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning, and then choosing to make a simple chili for dinner last night.

Here is what we got last week in the CSA share.

009

So much remains, and Thursday evening pick-up looms… Yowzer! We’ve eaten all but the two largest artichokes, which I’ll steam for dinner tonight. I’ll make broccoli soup with the broccoli and one leek. I’m itching to get up and roast those beets right away. There are a couple of new-to-us greens, one of which is tatsoi. I found a recipe for Chilled Wilted Tatsoi Salad Recipe with Sesame-Ginger Dressing that I’m also going to make today…

Must keep brain storming! Bear with me as I think aloud. :)

Monday: Salmon, artichokes, tatsoi salad, roasted beets
Tuesday: Sausages, braised collard rapini, green salad (oak leaf lettuce, radishes)
Wednesday: Zucchini ‘ribbon’ “Lasagna” (strips of lasagna in place of noodles)
Thursday: Roasted chicken with mizuna & roast pear salad
Friday: Crust-less Pizza Quiche, braised chard
Saturday: Beef & Veggie Soup
Sunday: Grilled Eggplant & Capicole Parmigiana, salad (based on linked recipe)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin