Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cookin’ the Book: Pioneer Woman’s “Penne alla Betsy”

016

Wednesday I made a new recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  I’m attempting to cook every one of her recipes (in the book, not her site!) by June 2010… however a series of illnesses and a couple of injuries in my family caused me to fall off the ol’ wagon for about 6 weeks.  Then, I completely forgot about it for another couple of weeks… We shall see how this affects my goal.  :)

Pasta alla Betsy, so named because it’s Pioneer Woman’s sister’s recipe, seemed like a good way to put my toes back in the water with this cookbook.  After thinking for a while, I realized I could serve the shrimp & tomato cream sauce over cooked greens for my carb-avoiding husband, and serve it up as written for the rest of us.

It’s a great, straight forward recipe.  I have to admit I was kind of underwhelmed, and I think were I to make it again, I’d try to tweak it to help the sauce be more flavorful.  That said, it did that ‘so much better the next day’ trick when I had leftovers for lunch.  I’ll give it a thumbs-up, but not ‘way’ up.

You can find the recipe, along with detailed photos of its preparation HERE.  Mangia!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin