Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beach Setup

 Little Guards 005

We’ve done two days of Little Guards…  this week is only 4 days, so I’m halfway through week one!  Yesterday went much more smoothly, as the boys understood more what the rules were (no sand in the tent!  NOOO sand in the tent!) and I was feeling a little better and less grumpy.

I thought it would be fun to show what I bring to the beach everyday.  I think, considering it’s just me making all this stuff move, it’s pretty impressive!

The stroller is the key, of course.  I’ve figured out how to use carabiner clips to hang stuff that won’t fit in the little basket under the seats and otherwise configure it all to transport the following:  one tent, one umbrella, one blanket, one reusable grocery bag (containing changes of clothes for the boys, 3 towels, sweaters in case it’s chilly), many sand toys, 1 or 2 trucks, a large shovel, one large cooler bag for our snacks, the Ergo carrier, and my backpack aka diaper bag.  Bunny also carries her backpack with her gear for Little Guards (towel, sunscreen, thermal shirt, snack, water).  It’s a lot of stuff, but when you are spending over 3 hours a day on the beach, you need to make sure your bases are covered—can’t just run home.

Yesterday I laughed when I saw what looked like a grandmother and grandson put down on the beach with just one towel each.  I remember travelling lightly!  It’s been a while, though!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin