After clearing the table, but prior to scraping, putting away, and washing up. (As you can see, corn was not a popular option in spite of the kids begging me for some… ♪Guess what they’re having with lunch today…♪)
- The menu was salmon, fauxtatoes, corn, artichoke, and, for those who desired, jello for dessert.
- Fauxtatoes are good, and simple! If you think you don’t like cauliflower, try it. Steam a head of florets for 12 minutes, blend or puree with about an ounce of cream cheese and 1T butter/smart balance/etc, salt & pepper to taste.
- I really like these itty bitty glasses from IKEA. They are a perfect size for little tummies, they have a shape that helps small hands hold the glasses, and—get this—they’re $0.25 each. We have 18 of them, since 3 kids times meals and snacks and friends coming to play nearly daily meant I never seemed to have enough for an entire day.
- If you have not tried substituting juice for the cold water when making Jello, that’s another thing I really love to do here. The kids think they’re getting a big treat, and I’m sneaking a fruit in, which is a big thing here for certain middle children who only like apples, bananas, melon, and, um… nothing else.
- I have way too many apples right now… I know. :)
- Carter obviously didn’t eat the same things the rest of us did. I probably don’t need to point out this.