Pages

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Cookin’ the Book: Pioneer Woman’s Enchiladas

pwc225
I have a pretty great enchilada recipe.  I love it, the kids (who eat food) love it, and my husband complains to me about how good it is, because that makes him forgo his carb avoiding ways because they’re just too good to resist.
PW has an enchilada recipe in her book.  Thankfully for me, it is a beef recipe, and ‘my’ enchiladas are chicken.  It’s always nice to add to the simple recipe reservoir, so I decided to try out her way this week.
You can find the recipe and oodles of beautiful photos HERE.
Preparing this recipe was easy-peasy.  I dropped off my daughter at swim practice (three minutes late because I was so tired I made a very costly wrong turn on the way there), dashed home, prepared the sauce and meat, then let it all hang out while I returned to pick her up, finally assembling the enchiladas and putting them in the oven when we got home again (after I put away my mom’s-gypsy-taxi-uniform).
Since the sauce and meat had cooled off a bit, warming in the oven took a little longer, but the extra time was worth it.  As luck would have it, my youngest waddled up to me and said, “I stinky!” right as I was serving dinner, so I was not there for the first bite verdict from Bun and my husband.  However, I heard their groans of delight from down the hall.  It was declared another ‘keeper’.
I can  totally see making both the beef and chicken versions for a casual dinner with friends with homemade refried beans and some rice… and maybe that Sangria!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin