Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cookin’ the Book: Pioneer Woman’s Egg-in-the-Hole

pwc225

In all my nearly 37 (!!) years, I can’t believe I have never made egg-in-the-hole, or as I like to imagine in my head with a very strong Cockney accent, “Toad-in-the-‘ole'.”  On Christmas Eve it was time to change that!  I’m working my way through The Pioneer Woman Cooks and hope to try every recipe in the book by June 2010, so I knew where to turn for a breakfast idea.

Now, being Christmas Eve, and me being me, there was still plenty of wrapping and prepping to be done, so Egg-in-the-Hole seemed like a perfect choice because of its simplicity.  Ree has posted the recipe on her site HERE, along with many, many photos that make this nearly foolproof recipe completely foolproof, assuming you can crack an egg!

I daresay we have a winner, yet again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin