Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

The Return of Menu Monday...



It's been a long summer, and, while I have been unable to find (or perhaps, unwilling to sacrifice) the time to write about it, menu planning has remained a weekly must do around here. The couple of weeks I skipped planning sucked! While I had food to make meals, the end of the day, when everyone including me is tired and often cranky, is not the time to be winging it in the kitchen. Now, since school is in full gear and that means scout meetings, sports practices, and all the other fun, yet hectic additions, meal planning is even more vital. The kids and I are not home until nearly 7:00 three nights a week because of Bunny's swim practice, and I'm making sure to make at least one of those nights a crockpot meal that I put together when I 'only' have one child at home earlier in the day. It's SOOO nice to come home and smell dinner ready for us when we're ready for it!

Anyway, enough about how much taking the 15 or so minutes every week to plan for the next week is helping our household run at least a bit closer to smoothly. If you want to see oodles and oodles of menu ideas, click the linked image above.

Soooo, here is our week:

Sunday: dinner out
Monday: Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
Tuesday: Beef Daube Provencal in crockpot
Wednesday: Crustless Quiche, sliced tomatoes
Thursday: Shrimp, Sauteed Zucchini, Salad
Friday: Pork Tenderloin with mango chutney
Saturday: BBQ ribs

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin