Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Menu Verdict: Chicken Tacos with Mango & Avocado Salsa



Last week I tried out THIS recipe from the current issue of Cooking Light. Normally my husband is not the biggest fan of chicken breasts, but this is a hit!
I thawed a lot of chicken breasts and made more meat than the recipe called for to have extra for the next day. Paul's not generally one to eat tortillas, so I made him a salad version, which also is awesome... and I served my own tacos with lots of lettuce in them for extra crunch and veggies. Definitely worth trying!

*Note* I omitted the red pepper in the rub, as I worried it would be too spicy for little mouths. Still very flavorful for adults, and even the one year old gobbled the meat. Of course, he polishes off most foods, but still....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin