Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

One for the Grown Ups

Sometimes I can't handle the thought of considering all the dos and don'ts of feeding us parents and kids the same meal (as if that ever happens here anyway), so I plan what *I* want, and figure anyone who is not into it can have mac and cheese or cereal. Generally, the kids see it as a win-win, honestly. Cheerios for dinner, yay!

This was one of those meals. It's so simple, really, but a wee bit sophisticated for a child to appreciate. I took 3 or 4 slices of thinly sliced prosciutto, placed them on a plate, topped with a nice serving of blanched asparagus and a coddled egg (like poached, but in a ramekin instead of getting to go for a swim in the water). The dressing was a garlicky vinaigrette with dijon, lemon juice, and chives.

I served this with a very large steamed artichoke, which we split... sitting at the table alone while the kids ate at the counter, free to squabble and push, needing only a reminder to 'use their words' once in a while. I bet this would have been great with a glass of wine!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin