Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Parent-Teacher Conference Time...

It was Tuesday morning, but I am just getting to sitting down and hopefully writing all about it (Carter is napping, so some of this depends on him cooperating by staying unconscious!).

Mrs. Cline started off by saying she hoped I realized what a special child I have, that she really adores Bunny. :) She loves how good her manners are, and also how well spoken she is. Told me that on day 2 or 3 there was an assignment to color in a picture of an apple, and Bunny hesitantly, but very deliberately told her, "Excuse me, but I don't color; I create. Can I draw an apple?" Which is totally Bunny to a 'T'. That child knows her mind, I can attest to that.

Mrs. Cline went on to say that Bunny seems to enjoy playing with a variety of classmates and taking leadership positions, such as being a class Safety Marshal. (For what it's worth, I named her House Safety Marshall, too, haha.) With regard to 'standards' for her grade, she's exceeding most concepts and meeting some others (not a big fan of writing in all lower case, but that is typical of her age). Her spatial awareness, ability to predict and reason are precocious, and she is a great listener (good to hear she listens at school haha, since she mainly excels at interrupting at home, heehee).

All in all, she's doing wonderfully, and I am proud--and so is Bunny! This is the teacher comment on her report card:
Bunny is an excellent student and her love for school is obvious! She is creative, confident, and polite. Bunny excels with listening, following directions, and classroom behavior. It is always interesting to hear her share in front of the class because her language is very sophisticated. Bunny knows all letter names and all letter sounds and is beginning to read simple words. Our focus the next trimester will be writing numbers and lower case letters. During choice time Bunny enjoys going to the art center. Bunny is a joy to have in class!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin