Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Well, that sucked.

So this morning was interesting! After I feed the kids breakfast, I go into my room to dress, since no way do I dress to the shoes before I have a LOT of coffee. ;) As I am in the room, I hear an odd noise. It's water pouring down the outside of the bedroom window. Hmmm. That's odd, I think. Seeing as it's sunny out and we do have adequate eaves. Pop open the sliding door and, OMG... the hose that goes from the pool filter to the booster pump for the sweep has busted off and there is a not-so-mini Old Faithful going on outside my house. Thankfully I had the presence of mind to not step in the water and I was able to reach the breaker box and shut off the power instantly.

I'm calling the pool guy about it, as Paul calls to me that it's puddling inside the bedroom--it caused a flood. Sheep dip. About a 10X5 foot area is soaked to the padding. Long story short, the carpet is now pulled up and draped over something to get air to the padding while a MASSIVE fan rented from Home Depot is running in my bedroom to dry the padding. It may take 48-72 hours to dry. YAY!

At least I caught it. That could have been a lot worse than it was if I were not home and didn't happen to walk in when I did.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin