Pages

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ponay Partay

Today was busy... life has been on some fast forward the past month or so since Bunny started school. Discovery has been great for her. For me? Eh, I'm learning.

Why do I have to always make things as hard as possible? I could have chosen a typical preschool, but noooo, I had to choose a co-op. I'll get the hang of it. Bunny is doing very well--I vascilate between loving it and hating all the work it is for me. Currently I have a tricycle in my garage that needs to be painted, primed, and sanded... or wait, reverse that. And I have an art project to prep for the kids. On the plus side, it's only $130/mo. Which, to a newbie may sound like a lot, but preschool around here costs more than UVA cost me annually undergrad for tuition. Not the co-op, of course, but there are those who spend something like $450/mo on school for a toddler.

Whatever. I'm kind of in the 'can't polish a turd' school of thinking on that. Kids need to learn social skills, to listen to a teacher, the flow of events of school (come in, do different tasks, play, eat quietly, line up, yada yada). She'll have plenty of time to learn algorithms when the time comes. Usually the people that I know who send their kids to ridiculously pompous schools have rather dense kids or are ridiculously pompous themselves. Or both. ;)

Anyway, Bunny's thriving there, but she has always thrived everywhere. Give her an arena and she takes to it. Next week she has a playdate at the park with Anna, her first schoolmate playdate. She also has a playdate Monday with Jacob, park day Tuesday morning, a birthday party Friday afternoon....and so forth. The rest of the month goes pretty much the same. Carter? He's along for the ride until his moment in the sun on the 28th for a party here.

Carter is at Heidi's house with Lily and Luke every other Monday when I am at school working. He is dealing pretty well for a total Mama's Boy. And he is a total Mama's boy, lemme tell you.

Anyway, what did all this have to do with Pony Party? Nothing! Just playgroup had a pony party this weekend. Bunny rode the pony 5 times. Got right back at the back each time to line back up...until Tucker the pony had to go home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin