Pages

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Cookin’ the Book: Pioneer Woman Oatmeal Crispies

002
I’m slowly working to my goal of completing all the recipes in The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I’m attempting to cook every one of her recipes (in the book, not her site!), as you may or may not recall, since it’s been months since I last made anything from that book, mainly due to pleas from my husband to stop making him so fat.  PW is not into low carb eating.  :)
However, I did make these cookies for the kids a while back, and they’re pretty yummy.  I liked the pecans through them a lot, but if I were to make this cookie again, I would want to skip the crisco and try butter.  Honestly, the only reason I made them was I had the crisco on hand, because I’d bought it to make the red velvet cake and was tired of looking at it in the cupboard.
They’re yummy, simple cookies, but I don’t know if anything with that much trans fat should be called wholesome, ya know?  Still, yes, yummy.  Carter doesn’t like oatmeal cookies and liked these a lot!
Recipe can be found HERE – enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin