Before in oven. Fresh from oven. Yum!
This is the second time I have made this and it's really quite good, especially for those who don't do crusts or doughs in their diets. The idea was Paul's; the recipe, mine.
Crustless Pizza Quiche
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 T pancetta cubes (Trader Joes sells them pre-diced and cheap!)
- 5-6 basil leaves, cut in chiffonade
- 1 T flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 of a 5 oz package of thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced about 1/4" thick, and allowed to sit on paper towels to absorb some of the moisture for 10 mins or so
- more mozzarella to top (maybe another 1/2 c?)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, toss basil, pancetta and cheese with flour, then place that mixture into bottom of nonstick skillet which has been sprayed with canola or olive oil spray.
- In same bowl (less to clean!) combine eggs with milk and herbs/spices and mix well.
- Pour that mixture slowly over the cheese mixture in the pan-don't dump fast or the cheese and whatnot might move around and not make every slice the same.
- Top with tomatoes, pepperoni, and a little more cheese.
- Place in oven and bake about 35-40 mins, or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean and top is nicely browned. Allow to cool a few minutes, then slice into pizza/pie wedges.