Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chalkboard Welcome Wall

Last week I decided to change things up a little and add a chalkboard wall across from the entry.

I can’t make a straight line to save my life so I carefully measured and marked off the area, then I cut in the edges.

011

And because I am 12 I had to have a little fun for a moment. (“That Buford's a sly one. Already knows his ABC's.”)

A couple of coats later we had ourselves a chalkboard wall.

015

017

It’s already been used as a reminder list to help me pack for our trip to Lake Tahoe this past weekend, and the kids love it. I’m thinking I’ll let Carter practice his spelling words here, since it’s more fun to write on the wall than on paper. I only used half the quart of paint I bought, so I might just do this again somewhere else in the house.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin