Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Snippets

~itty bits not worth their own posts, probably not worth mentioning at all, but all the same~

003

I like my rain boots and am glad to have ‘em, but I was getting tired of wearing them.  Very, very tired. (Very.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

004

Did I mention the weather has been a bit zany this spring?  Yeah.  Hail.  It was not a big deal, but I had a hard time convincing Cole to hurry up and get in his carseat so Mama would be able to stop being pelted with ice nuggets.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

001

On a whim I bought some regular popping corn and made it old-school, on the stovetop.  My family is riddled with full-on popcorn junkies now.  For the past month it seems that a day rarely goes by when I am not shaking a pot (or 3!) of kernels in the afternoon.  In related news, butter consumption has also risen, since that is the only way to go.  Hoc-tuey to the faux butter on popcorn.  (I do like butter spray on corn though!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

001

You’re looking at a stymied squirrel.  This booger has been poaching seeds from the bird feeder for the past few weeks.  I don’t really mind him taking the odd seed now and then, but he has gotten damn picky and taken to tossing pawfuls of the smaller millet seeds for the song birds as he cherry picks for sunflower seeds.  So, last time I filled the feeder I moved it over to a new hook out of reach of branches or the screens.  He no likey.  I have to admit to a smug feeling of, “Take that, you rodent!  My superior human brain has foiled you!  Hahahaaha!”  Mr. Squirrelly Man (my daughter’s moniker for him) tried from every angle, including hanging upside down from the gutter, but had to settle for some nut from a tree nearby.

004

The birdbrains show no appreciation, but are pretty to look at.

005

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

006

The other evening Bunny performed a complex hair transplant on Cookie Monster here.  She named it the “Bunsley Hair Clinic.”  After the procedure Cookie declared, “Me ready to rock out with me cookie out, thanks, Bunsley!”  Sadly, by the next morning, his luxurious locks had fallen off.  Bunsley Hair Clinic has no comment at this time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

003

Recently Cole sat all by himself—nearly motionless, except when the clippers got close to him—for the first time getting his hair cut.

005

He’s getting to be such a big boy, and is starting to look forward to preschool next fall.  Cole says he’s not ready yet for me to go away and leave him there, but he will be “when brother Carter goes to big school.”  For now, he says, “I’ll stay with you Mom, okay?”  No problemo, Buddy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin