Pages

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Weekly Menu, A Little Late :)

Sunday night—or I guess it was really very early Monday morning, Cole woke and it took me a while to get him back to sleep, then a lot longer to go back to sleep myself, so I was running on fumes yesterday.  Planning the weekly menu never happened, and I regretted it when I was sitting at the computer that night plugging ingredients into recipe finders trying to find something both interesting and quick enough to let this tired mama spend as little time as possible in the kitchen.  I found a dinner we liked, but it reinforced my conviction that dinner time is NOT the time to be deciding what to make.

I think I dozed off by 9:30 last night, trying to stay up late enough to at least mumble goodnight to my husband, who has a late night Mondays.  I was watching a show exploring the consequences of a hypothetical utter disappearance of every human on earth, and I only vaguely remember something about mass nuclear meltdowns a week or so later…  at any rate, I got a much better night’s sleep and am getting that menu planned so I don’t face my own meltdown at about 6 p.m.

Monday: Mushroom and Sausage Ragu with Polenta (subbed fauxtatoes)
Tuesday: Steamed Clams, braised chard
Wednesday: Cabbage Rolls (huge CSA cabbage begs for this)
Thursday:  Carnitas & chicken enchiladas (two kinds, not mixed (ew), carnitas left over from last week)
Friday:  Salmon, green beans, kabocha squash
Saturday: Mexican Chicken-Hominy Soup
Sunday: Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy

004

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin