Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Been a long time...

Time marched on, tirelessly. Too bad I can't say the same for myself.

Bunny started preschool the week before last, and me being me, of course I had to scramble to do all kinds of stuff last minute to get all the Ts dotted and Is crossed. Oh shoot, that's backwards--which is how I ended up doing everything for those couple of weeks. ;)

Paul got his man-vacation at Burning Man and my father came out to visit. It was a nice visit, and great to have backup so I could go to the bathroom or shower. Plus it's nice for hte kids to spend more than a day or two with him.

Recently my 'no fair' button has been stuck down. Where is the equivocation?? When is MY vacation alone where I don't take care of anyone? Na-ga-da. Na-ga-happen. Paul wants us to vacation at the beach, but it's still not the same. I am going to a MNO tomorrow with some playgroup moms, but it's not the same. If I were to take a vacation as Paul did, it'd be doubly expensive, because who takes care of the kids whilst I'm gone? Does Paul take off time and use his vacation for staying home with kids? Pay a sitter? Ugh. Times like this, having two incomes would be nice. But noooo, I have to want to raise my kids full time. Shit.

I didn't say my inner brat was rational. She wants cake and lots of it, and for each piece to be made custom order at her whimsy. She needs a time out for longer than a trip to Target alone to buy baby wipes and loiter looking at the nailpolishes because at least she didn't bring any kids with her and it may be her one time all week to be alone.

Actually, she needs to go to the gym more and use their free childcare. She needs more zen and less *grrrr*.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin