Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cookin’ the Book: Pioneer Woman’s Macaroni and Cheese

002
The past summer was a bit of a streaky blur as I lived it, so I am not really all that shocked I missed my goal of completing all the recipes in The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I’m attempting to cook every one of her recipes (in the book, not her site!)… and my first goal of June 2010 didn’t pan out, nor has goal #2 (by summer’s end).  Oh well, that is no reason to give up!
I was a bit surprised to see this photo nestled among pictures of the kids playing at the beach, though.  I completely forgot about this recipe that I made spontaneously one day for the kids and I to eat with lunch.  Yay, another check in the cookbook—a freebie, almost!  ;)
Pioneer Woman’s macaroni and cheese is basic and delicious.  Dry mustard added to the sauce gives it a nice depth, but adds no heat that kids may find objectionable.  It’s definitely worth a try if you like 'real’ macaroni and cheese, and it comes together quickly.  Find the recipe and a bajillion photos detailing its preparation on PW’s site, HERE.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin