Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Conversations with Bunny

I will spare everyone some attempt to be the bajillionth person to wax poetic on the how historic the inauguration today was. In fact, I had not even intended to write this much about it, not because it's unimportant, but because I feel I have little to add at this point.

Bunny watched the oath of office at school, which I was happy about. This evening while I was putting away groceries she asked, "Why is *this* inauguration such a big deal?" I said, "Well, that's complicated, but probably the most special thing about today was that a black man became president for the first time. Everyone thinks that's important."

Without missing a beat, Bunny said, "Isn't every inauguration important?"

Touche. Touche, my dear.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin